This project was to enhance and increase the use of computer mediated communication throughout the Teleregion area and demonstrate the potential for online collaboration.
· encouraged increased network activity by all sectors of the community
· provided the infrastructure for deployment of a range of applications that support online communication and collaboration including those that require broadband connectivity
· demonstrated, evaluated and implemented alternative online environments supporting online communication and collaboration
· developed networked applications supporting online communication and collaboration
· provided a focus for exchange of information between the private, public, community, academic and voluntary sectors in East London.
Way ahead of its time, this project shone a light on the ICT world that was coming.